I have been going through the old journals/notebooks I have written tidbits of stuff on. And I found these quotes from when I was reading *Calling In The One*
(Disclaimer: YES I know I am about to embark on a making fun of these kind of book adventure. But really? This one is different (despite the title) I really felt like it was more like really, really , really, really cheap therapy. The book helps you explore who you are, who you have been and who you want to be and really makes you examine your life. In that hokey self-helpy psychology way that works. I do recommend it, even for those IN relationships)
“Love happens when it is safe to lie flawed in the presence of another. Who you are right now with all your fears is quite enough for true love to take root in your life. Love feeds on imperfections.”
“We must all master the ability to release who we are for the possibility of who we might become.”
Once upon a time I wrote these things down- it was part of the exercise we were to do. And I had to hang it in a place I could see it everyday.
THINGS I NEED TO BE HAPPY IN A RELATIONSHIP
1. Someone intelligent and passionate about life.
2. Someone thoughtful and considerate.
3. Someone who makes me smile and appreciates the little things.
4. Someone who is my equal-who wants the same future.
5. Someone who can show affection/love and appreciates the affection/love I give in return.
6. Someone to inspire and encourage me.
7. Someone who *gets* me and loves the essential Jen and all my quandaries.
Simple to find right?