Front Yard Gardens
Why not? The sun seems to LOVE the front of our house, so we took advantage and started front yard gardens. I was not so excited about this idea last year when HWMMS tore up the entire front yard with the tractor, but after seeing how the veggies took to the plot, I changed my mind. And in August and September—the luscious vegetation looks amazing.
But then again we are also the people who have the Firefly/Serenity Independence and Stark Family Flags flying off our front porch.
Don’t take it from me alone…how about one of these articles?
- Modern Farmer: 4 Reasons to Plant a Vegetable Garden in the Front Yard
- Country Living: 40 Fresh New Ways to Landscape Your Yard
- Fine Gardening: Front Yard Garden Designs
- Better Homes & Gardens: Colorful Front-Yard Garden Plans
Or check out one of these books on front lawn gardening.
- The Edible Front Yard: The Mow-Less, Grow-More Plan for a Beautiful, Bountiful Garden
- Front Yard Gardens: Growing More Than Grass
- The New American Front Yard: Kiss Your Grass Goodbye
- Small-Plot, High-Yield Gardening: How to Grow Like a Pro, Save Money, and Eat Well by Turning Your Back (or Front or Side) Yard Into An Organic Produce Garden