What a satisfied single knows:
1. The quintessential ingredient for a great evening is believing your presence is desired.
2. Life is too short to spend it yearning, looking and hoping.
3. Dates with your friends exes are a no-no.
4, Never, ever change plans with a friend for a date.
5. Aloneness is a positive feeling of being with yourself.
6. It is a blessing to have a friend who will set you straight when your getting sidetracked.
7. Creativity is the best antidote to restlessness and boredom.
8. Being kind to yourself when you don’t feel like it is the most generous thing to do.
9. It is not ok to lead anyone on.
10. Every interesting man or woman has survived a broken heart.
11. Lonely and alone is preferable to being lonely with someone around.
12. Sometimes we want something and we don’t want it at the same time.
13. Self acceptance is a powerful aphrodisiac.
14. It’s possible to break up with a lover without losing a friend.
Love is not a relationship. Rather, it is the quality of our own heart. Love is knowing oneself. Love is seeing who you are and showing your feelings with others.
An open heart responds to the goodness in yourself and those you meet understands that although you have been through rough times, you’re committed to doing the best you can.
Wasting energy wishing for something you don’t have while ignoring all that you do have is a vicious mental trap. Grieving for what you’ve lost and for what you imagined that you might never have again is a step towards liberation.
And I leave thee with a few quotes…
“During your best years you don’t need a husband. You do need a man, of course, every step of the way and they are often cheaper emotionally and a lot more fun by the dozen. – Helen Gurley Brown
“There came a time when the right to remain in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” -Anais Nin
“There are many wonderful things that will never be done if you do not do them.” -Charles P. Gill
“If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you didn’t give to yourself.” -Barbara De Angels
“Love doesn’t have anything to do with anoyne else. Love is not a relationship. Love is a state of being its the conditions of our own heart.”
“Character is molded by self reliance.”