1. Where were you when you heard that Ronald Reagan died?
2. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
In class…right before class the professor made an announcement that a small plane had crashed into the World Trade center, so if any of us wanted to call to check up on someone we could leave class…by the time class was over…I thought the world was ending. No one was anywhere to be found. Classes were cancelled and the TV in the lobby had the coverage. I drove home listening to NPR stunned and terrified. Terrified. I spent the day on the phone calling friends in D.C. and in New York…and then calling everyone to tell them I loved them…
3. Where were you when you heard that Princess Diana died?
In the waiting room of an emergency room in Raleigh, NC. Turns out I was not having a heart attack…rather my first real panic attack. While waiting, I saw the TV coverage…
4. Do you remember where you were when you heard Kurt Cobain had died?
As Lawren said, Nope. Guess that wasn’t too significant to me.
5. Where were you when the Challenger exploded?
On the living room couch. It was the first and last time that Lil Brother and I were both sick from school at the same time.
6. Where were you when the 0J verdict was announced?
He he he…I only remember this because my sisters came through the drive thru at McDonalds (Jen Alvord) and shared the news…I was working at the time…during college.