Here are my random observations upon watching all of the Star Wars movies for the first time before turning 42 years old. Star Wars Virgin, no more.
My Star Wars Education
Today I turned 42 years old. And it is just this week that I am able to say I’ve now watched the original Star Wars trilogy (and I’m working on the prequels as I type…)
I saw Episode 7 in the theater this week. As a Star Wars virgin, I thought the film did pretty good on it’s own. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it and didn’t fall asleep considering I was cozy comfy in one of those ridiculous puffy reclining chairs. Yeah, I had a few questions to clear up, but for the most part, I got it. New Darth Vader Bad. Yet Unknown Luke Skywalker Daughter, Ex-Stormtrooper and Hottie Young Pilot good. Old school Han and Leia and Chewy even better. No expectations. Good movie. (And I kinda thought New Darth Vader or whatever his name is..was kind of hot, in a shaggy tortured way.)
But, but there are SIX OTHER STAR WARS MOVIES out there! Good thing Santa Claus had an Amazon Prime account.
Here are my random, observations upon watching Star Wars.
- I thought only people with the force could use lightsabres, little did I know.
- New Darth Vadar can take off his mask?
- The cute hoppy droid reminded me of Harley and Jordan makes noises like Chewy.
- Finn and Rae love story in the making? Meh. Now that handsome crazy pilot…maybe.
- I kinda want to see just a Han and Leia movie. Flashback of course. Episode 6.5?
- Han Solo is HAWT. I love a good outlaw.
- I kinda enjoyed how easily gullible the Stormtroopers are…
- I know the soundtrack quite well considering I’ve never watched these movies.
- WHERE’S YODA?
- I really thought Darth Vadar would be more evil.
- (This might be blasphemy…but…) Luke is sort of a wimpy. I don’t really like his character.
- I know Darth Vader is Luke’s father and all but I didn’t expect it to be revealed, so quickly. Mind you, I’m watching a marathon and didn’t have to wait several years.
- More Yoda, less everyone else.
- OH HELL NO. That’s the ending? Do not like this movie. WENEEDTOWATCHTHENEXTONERIGHTAWAY
- Ewoks are silly. And HWMMS is not a fan of them, but I am.
- Darth Vader dies, being…good? Who knew? (I didn’t.)
- YODA DIES? Nooooooooooooooooo!
- I’m confused on the twin backstory. Nether know their mother or father? How is Leia a Princess? Luke has the Force but Leia doesn’t? EXPLAIN.
- I definitely liked this movie the best of the three.
- EWAN MCGREGOR! How can this movie be so bad with EWAN MCGREGOR on the screen?
- Natalie Portman is adorbs. Even if she is totes going to be robbing the cradle in the future.
- I’m not hating this movie, I’m told I’m supposed to. It seems random, pod race, why? But I’m not hating it.
- Wait, Anakin is JESUS? #NoBabyDaddy
- NICK FURY IS IN THIS MOVIE TOO? Holy heck!
- Star Wars reminds me of a million other movies/TV series, The Avengers, Serenity, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Princess Bride.
- Anakin is a bratty teen and the Queen, Senator, whatever she is hasn’t aged at all. I don’t understand how she falls in love with him, I want to slap him and send him to his room.
- STILL LOVING YODA.I AM.
- R2-D2 can FLY?
- Dang this battle goes on forever. I do like the sounds of the light sabers but can it be over already please?
- I liked this movie. It makes me want to watch the original trilogy again now that I know, know. You know?
- A little less fighting and chasing and a little more character development would make me happier.
- I didn’t feel the all consuming love between Anakin and Amalada. I wanted that to be stronger too.
- I liked seeing Anakin turn into Darth Vadar, despite the very disjointed quick process of him turning evil.Ok, I’ll kill younglings? Um, sure. Darth Vadar at the end. So. Cool. All the evil.
- Yoda. Wise. Love. Yoda. LOVE YODA.
Yep. I enjoyed Star Wars. And in some odd way, I think I needed to see them this week, before the New Year. May the Force Be With You. (And Also With You.)